Judgment of the General Court (Fourth Chamber) of 29 February 2012 — Certmedica International and Lehning entreprise v OHIM —
Lehning entreprise and Certmedica International (L112)
(Joined Cases T‑77/10 and T‑78/10)
Community trade mark — Invalidity proceedings — Community word mark L112 — Earlier French word mark L.114 — Relative ground for refusal — Likelihood of confusion — Similarity of the goods — Similarity of the signs — Article 8(1)(b) and Article 53(1)(a) of Regulation (EC) No 207/2009 — No genuine use of the earlier mark — Article 57(2) and (3) of Regulation No 207/2009 — Declaration of partial invalidity
Community trade mark — Surrender, revocation and invalidity — Relative grounds for invalidity — Existence of an earlier identical or similar mark registered for identical or similar goods or services (Council Regulation No 207/2009, Arts 8(1)(b), and 53(1)(a)) (see paras 73, 76, 106‑110)
|ACTION for annulment of the decision of the Second Board of Appeal of OHIM of 9 December 2009 (Case R 934/2009‑2) relating to invalidity proceedings between Lehning entreprise and Certmedica International GmbH.|
In Case T‑77/10:
– annuls the decision of the Second Board of Appeal of the Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market (Trade Marks and Designs) (OHIM) of 9 December 2009 (Case R 934/2009‑2) in so far as it declares the registration of the mark L112 to be invalid in respect of ‘veterinary preparations’;
– dismisses the action as to the remainder;
– orders Certmedica International GmbH and OHIM to bear their own costs;
– orders Lehning entreprise to pay the costs incurred in connection with its intervention.
In Case T‑78/10:
– dismisses the action;
– orders Lehning entreprise to bear its own costs and to pay those incurred by OHIM;
– orders Certmedica International to pay the costs incurred in connection with its intervention.