2007/222/EC: Commission Decision of 4 April 2007 declaring operational the Regional Advisory Council for the south-western waters under the common fisheries policy
OJ L 95, 5.4.2007, p. 52–52 (BG, ES, CS, DA, DE, ET, EL, EN, FR, IT, LV, LT, HU, NL, PL, PT, RO, SK, SL, FI, SV)
OJ L 219M , 24.8.2007, p. 466–466 (MT)
of 4 April 2007
declaring operational the Regional Advisory Council for the south-western waters under the common fisheries policy
THE COMMISSION OF THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES,
Having regard to the Treaty establishing the European Community,
Having regard to Council Decision 2004/585/EC of 19 July 2004 establishing Regional Advisory Councils under the common fisheries policy , and in particular Article 3(3) thereof,
Having regard to the recommendation transmitted by France on 9 February 2007 on behalf of Belgium, Spain, France, the Netherlands and Portugal,
(1) Council Regulation (EC) No 2371/2002 of 20 December 2002 on the conservation and sustainable exploitation of fisheries resources under the common fisheries policy  and Decision 2004/585/EC provide the framework for the establishment and operation of Regional Advisory Councils.
(2) Article 2 of Decision 2004/585/EC establishes a Regional Advisory Council to cover the south-western waters in International Council for the Exploration of the Seas (ICES) areas VIII, IX and X (waters around Azores) and CECAF divisions 34.1.1, 34.1.2. and 34.2.0 (waters around Madeira and the Canary Islands) .
(3) In accordance with Article 3(1) of Decision 2004/585/EC, representatives of the fisheries sector and other interests groups submitted a request concerning the operation of that Regional Advisory Council to Belgium, Spain, France, the Netherlands and Portugal.
(4) As required by Article 3(2) of Decision 2004/585/EC, the Member States concerned determined whether the application concerning the Regional Advisory Council for the south-western waters was in conformity with the provisions laid down in that Decision. On 9 February 2007, the Member States concerned transmitted a recommendation on that Regional Advisory Council to the Commission.
(5) The Commission has evaluated the application by the interested parties and the recommendation in the light of Decision 2004/585/EC and the aims and principles of the common fisheries policy, and considers that the Regional Advisory Council for the south-western waters is ready to become operational,
HAS DECIDED AS FOLLOWS:
The Regional Advisory Council for the south-western waters, established by Article 2(1)(e) of Decision 2004/585/EC, shall be operational as from 9 April 2007.
Done at Brussels, 4 April 2007.
For the Commission
Member of the Commission
 OJ L 256, 3.8.2004, p. 17.
 OJ L 358, 31.12.2002, p. 59.
 As defined in Council Regulation (EEC) No 3880/91 (OJ L 365, 31.12.1991, p. 1).