Preparatory documents, together with other documents of the European institutions of possible public interest, may be accessed from this page.
‘Preparatory documents’ means all documents corresponding to the various stages of the legislative or budgetary process. They include Commission legislative proposals, Council common positions, legislative and budgetary resolutions and initiatives of the European Parliament, and opinions of the European Economic and Social Committee and of the Committee of the Regions, etc.
Preparatory acts can also be accessed using the site's search functions.
The legislative procedure for a specific act can be followed in PreLex (Monitoring of the decision-making process between institutions) or in ŒIL (The legislative observatory of the European Parliament).
Legislation in preparation
As at 1.1.2012
Directory of European Union legislation in preparation
You can print out the chapter of the Directory of European Union legislation in preparation that you are interested in from the PDF files for each chapter. The larger chapters have been split into several PDF files.
- 01 General, financial and institutional matters (number of acts: 95)
- 02 Customs Union and free movement of goods (number of acts: 49)
- 03 Agriculture (number of acts: 145)
- 04 Fisheries (number of acts: 58)
- 05 Freedom of movement for workers and social policy (number of acts: 37)
- 06 Right of establishment and freedom to provide services (number of acts: 25)
- 07 Transport policy (number of acts: 65)
- 08 Competition policy (number of acts: 5)
- 09 Taxation (number of acts: 42)
- 10 Economic and monetary policy and free movement of capital (number of acts: 37)
- 11 External relations (number of acts: 503)
- 12 Energy (number of acts: 29)
- 13 Industrial policy and internal market (number of acts: 133)
- 14 Regional policy and coordination of structural instruments (number of acts: 30)
- 15 Environment, consumers and health protection (number of acts: 154)
- 16 Science, information, education and culture (number of acts: 24)
- 17 Law relating to undertakings (number of acts: 17)
- 18 Common Foreign and Security Policy (number of acts: 26)
- 19 Area of freedom, security and justice (number of acts: 129)
- 20 People's Europe (number of acts: 4)