Commission communication in the framework of the implementation of the European Parliament and Council Directive 94/62/EC of 20 December 1994 on packaging and packaging wasteText with EEA relevance
Official Journal C 044 , 19/02/2005 P. 0023 - 0023
CS DA DE EL EN ES ET FI FR HU IT LT LV NL PL PT SK SL SV
|Bilingual display: CS DA DE EL EN ES ET FI FR HU IT LT LV NL PL PT SK SL SV|
Commission communication in the framework of the implementation of the European Parliament and Council Directive 94/62/EC of 20 December 1994 on packaging and packaging waste
(Text with EEA relevance)
(Publication of titles and references of harmonised standards under the directive)
ESO  | Reference and title of the harmonised standard (and reference document) | Reference of superseded standard | Date of cessation of presumption of conformity of superseded standard Note 1 |
CEN | EN 13427:2004 Packaging — Requirements for the use of European Standards in the field of packaging and packaging waste | — | |
CEN | EN 13428:2004 Packaging — Requirements specific to manufacturing and composition — Prevention by source reduction | EN 13428:2000 | The date of this publication |
CEN | EN 13429:2004 Packaging — Reuse | — | |
CEN | EN 13430:2004 Packaging — Requirements for packaging recoverable by material recycling | — | |
CEN | EN 13431:2004 Packaging — Requirements for packaging recoverable in the form of energy recovery, including specification of minimum inferior calorific value | — | |
CEN | EN 13432:2000 Packaging — Requirements for packaging recoverable through composting and biodegradation — Test scheme and evaluation criteria for the final acceptance of packaging | — | |
- Any information concerning the availability of the standards can be obtained either from the European Standardisation Organisations or from the national standardisation bodies of which the list is annexed to the Directive 98/34/EC  of the European Parliament and Council amended by the Directive 98/48/EC .
- Publication of the references in the Official Journal of the European Union does not imply that the standards are available in all the Community languages.
- This list replaces all the previous lists published in the Official Journal of the European Union. The Commission ensures the updating of this list.
- More information about harmonised standards on the Internet at
 ESO: European Standardisation Organisation:
- CEN: rue de Stassart 36, B-1050 Brussels, Tel. (32-2) 550 08 11; fax (32-2) 550 08 19 (http://www.cenorm.be).
- CENELEC: rue de Stassart 35, B-1050 Brussels, Tel. (32-2) 519 68 71; fax (32-2) 519 69 19 (http://www.cenelec.org).
- ETSI: 650, route des Lucioles, F-06921 Sophia Antipolis, Tel. (33) 492 94 42 00; fax (33) 493 65 47 16, (http://www.etsi.org).Note 1Generally the date of cessation of presumption of conformity will be the date of withdrawal ("dow"), set by the European Standardisation Organisation, but attention of users of these standards is drawn to the fact that in certain exceptional cases this can be otherwise.
 OJ L 204, 21.7.1998, p. 37.
 OJ L 217, 5.8.1998, p. 18.