Resolution of the representatives of the Governments of the Member States, meeting within the Council of 8 June 2004 supplementary to the resolutions of 23 June 1981, 30 June 1982, 14 July 1986 and 10 July 1995 concerning the introduction of a passport of uniform pattern
Official Journal C 245 , 02/10/2004 P. 0001 - 0001
CS DA DE EL EN ES ET FI FR HU IT LT LV NL PL PT SK SL SV
|Bilingual display: CS DA DE EL EN ES ET FI FR HU IT LT LV NL PL PT SK SL SV|
Resolution of the representatives of the Governments of the Member States, meeting within the Council of 8 June 2004 supplementary to the resolutions of 23 June 1981 , 30 June 1982 , 14 July 1986 and 10 July 1995 concerning the introduction of a passport of uniform pattern(2004/C 245/01)
THE REPRESENTATIVES OF THE GOVERNMENTS OF THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION, MEETING WITHIN THE COUNCIL,
RECALLING that in their resolutions of 23 June 1981 (1), 30 June 1982 (2), 14 July 1986 (3), and 10 July 1995 (4) they had established a passport of uniform format and scope;
CONSIDERING that the new Member States must endeavour to issue the passport without delay;
CONSIDERING that the necessary linguistic adjustments should be made in order to take account of the accession of the said States,
HAVE AGREED AS FOLLOWS:
1. That the Czech Republic, the Republic of Estonia, the Republic of Cyprus, the Republic of Latvia, the Republic of Lithuania, the Republic of Hungary, the Republic of Malta, the Republic of Poland, the Republic of Slovenia and the Slovak Republic will endeavour to issue the passport by 1 January 2007 at the latest, in accordance with the format and scope specified in the aforementioned resolutions as amended by this resolution.
2. That the information referred to in points C and D, the second indent of the third subparagraph of point E, and points F, G, H and I of Annex I to the resolution of 23 June 1981 will also be given in Czech, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Hungarian, Maltese, Polish, Slovenian and Slovak in accordance with the provisions of that resolution with regard to the other official languages of the Member States of the European Union.
The Member States will take account of this change as and when new stocks of passports are printed, and by 1 January 2007 at the latest.
(1) OJ No C 241, 19.9.1981, p. 1.
(2) OJ No C 179, 16.7.1982, p. 1.
(3) OJ No C 185, 24.7.1986, p. 1.
(4) OJ No C 200, 4.8.1995, p. 1.