Resolution of the representatives of the Governments of the Member States, meeting within the Council of 10 July 1995 supplementary to the resolutions of 23 June 1981, 30 June 1982 and 14 July 1986 concerning the introduction of a passport of uniform pattern
OJ C 200, 4.8.1995, p. 1–1 (ES, DA, DE, EL, EN, FR, IT, NL, PT, FI, SV)
DA DE EL EN ES FI FR IT NL PT SV
|Bilingual display: DA DE EL EN ES FI FR IT NL PT SV|
RESOLUTION OF THE REPRESENTATIVES OF THE GOVERNMENTS OF THE MEMBER STATES, MEETING WITHIN THE COUNCIL
of 10 July 1995
supplementary to the resolutions of 23 June 1981, 30 June 1982 and 14 July 1986 concerning the introduction of a passport of uniform pattern
THE REPRESENTATIVES OF THE GOVERNMENTS OF THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION, MEETING WITHIN THE COUNCIL,
RECALLING that in their resolutions of 23 June 1981 (1), 30 June 1982 (2) and 14 July 1986 (3) they had established a passport of uniform format and scope;
CONSIDERING that, following entry into force of the Treaty on European Union, 'European Union` should replace 'European Community`;
CONSIDERING that the new Member States must endeavour to issue the passport without delay;
CONSIDERING that the necessary linguistic adjustments should be made in order to take account of the accession of the said States;
CONSIDERING that account should be taken of the status of the AAland Islands,
HAVE AGREED AS FOLLOWS:
1. That in points B and D of Annex I to the resolution of 23 June 1981, 'European Community` shall be replaced by 'European Union`.
In point A of Annex II to the same resolution, 'of the European Communities` shall be replaced by 'of the European Union`.
Member States will take account of this change as and when new stocks of passports are printed, and by 1 January 1998 at the latest.
2. That the Republic of Austria, the Republic of Finland and the Kingdom of Sweden will endeavour to issue the passport by 1 January 1998 at the latest, in accordance with the format and scope specified in the aforementioned resolutions as amended by this resolution.
3. That the information referred to in points C and D, the second indent of the third subparagraph of point E, and points F, G, H and I of Annex I to the resolution of 23 June 1981 will also be given in Finnish and Swedish in accordance with the provisions of that resolution with regard to the other official languages of the Member States of the European Union.
The Member States will take account of this change as and when new stocks of passports are printed, and by 1 January 1998 at the latest.
4. The word 'AAland` will be incorporated in passports issued in the AAland Islands, if the holders of the passports have hembygdsraett/kotiseutuoikeus (regional citizenship).
(1) OJ No C 241, 19. 9. 1981, p. 1.
(2) OJ No C 179, 16. 7. 1982, p. 1.
(3) OJ No C 185, 24. 7. 1986, p. 1.