Commission Regulation (EC) No 960/2009 of 14 October 2009 amending Regulation (EC) No 1905/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a financing instrument for development cooperation
OJ L 270, 15.10.2009, p. 8–11 (BG, ES, CS, DA, DE, ET, EL, EN, FR, IT, LV, LT, HU, MT, NL, PL, PT, RO, SK, SL, FI, SV)
BG CS DA DE EL EN ES ET FI FR HU IT LT LV MT NL PL PT RO SK SL SV
|Bilingual display: BG CS DA DE EL EN ES ET FI FR HU IT LT LV MT NL PL PT RO SK SL SV|
Commission Regulation (EC) No 960/2009
of 14 October 2009
amending Regulation (EC) No 1905/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council establishing a financing instrument for development cooperation
THE COMMISSION OF THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES,
Having regard to the Treaty establishing the European Community,
Having regard to Regulation (EC) No 1905/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2006 establishing a financing instrument for development cooperation  (hereinafter referred to as "the DCI"), and in particular Article 1(1) and Article 31(1) subparagraph 3 thereof,
(1) In accordance with Article 1(1) and Article 31(1) of the DCI, Annex II to the DCI contains a list of aid recipients of the Development Assistance Committee of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD/DAC), which is to be updated in accordance with regular OECD/DAC reviews of its list of aid recipients.
(2) Further to an update of the list of aid recipients contained in Annex II to the DCI, the Commission should update its Annex I and inform Council and European Parliament thereof.
(3) It is therefore appropriate to delete Saudi Arabia from the list of aid recipients of the OECD/DAC as contained in Annex II to the DCI, and from the list of countries eligible under Article1(1) as contained in its Annex I.
(4) It is therefore appropriate to include Kosovo  in the list of ODA recipients of OECD/DAC as contained in Annex II to the DCI under the Lower Middle Income Countries and Territories.
(5) It is also appropriate to update the footnotes in Annex II to the DCI pursuant to the OECD/DAC reviews.
(6) The European Parliament and the Council will be informed accordingly,
HAS ADOPTED THIS REGULATION:
Regulation (EC) No 1905/2006 is amended as follows:
1. Annex I is replaced by the attached Annex I.
2. Annex II is replaced by the attached Annex II.
This Regulation shall enter into force on the third day following its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union.
This Regulation shall be binding in its entirety and directly applicable in all Member States.
Done at Brussels, 14 October 2009.
For the Commission
Karel De Gucht
Member of the Commission
 OJ L 378, 27.12.2006, p. 41.
 Under United Nations Security Resolution 1244/1999.
Countries eligible under Article 1(1)
6. Costa Rica
9. El Salvador
26. Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
35. Sri Lanka
39. Kyrgyz Republic
47. South Africa
OECD/DAC List of ODA recipients
Effective from 2008 for reporting on 2008, 2009 and 2010 flows
Least Developed Countries | Other Low Income Countries (per capita GNI < USD 935 in 2007) | Lower Middle Income Countries and Territories (per capita GNI USD 936-USD 3705 in 2007) | Upper Middle Income Countries and Territories (per capita GNI USD 3706-USD 11455 in 2007) |
Afghanistan | Côte d’Ivoire | Albania | Anguilla |
Angola | Ghana | Algeria | Antigua and Barbuda  |
Bangladesh | Kenya | Armenia | Argentina |
Benin | Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of | Azerbaijan | Barbados  |
Bhutan | Kyrgyz Rep. | Bolivia | Belarus |
Burkina Faso | Nigeria | Bosnia and Herzegovina | Belize |
Burundi | Pakistan | Cameroon | Botswana |
Cambodia | Papua New Guinea | Cape Verde | Brazil |
Central African Rep. | Tajikistan | China | Chile |
Chad | Uzbekistan | Colombia | Cook Islands |
Comoros | Vietnam | Congo, Rep. | Costa Rica |
Congo, Dem. Rep. | Zimbabwe | Dominican Republic | Croatia |
Djibouti | | Ecuador | Cuba |
Equatorial Guinea | | Egypt | Dominica |
Eritrea | | El Salvador | Fiji |
Ethiopia | | Georgia | Gabon |
Gambia | | Guatemala | Grenada |
Guinea | | Guyana | Jamaica |
Guinea-Bissau | | Honduras | Kazakhstan |
Haiti | | India | Lebanon |
Kiribati | | Indonesia | Libya |
Laos | | Iran | Malaysia |
Lesotho | | Iraq | Mauritius |
Liberia | | Jordan | Mayotte |
Madagascar | | Kosovo  | Mexico |
Malawi | | Marshall Islands | Montenegro |
Maldives | | Micronesia, Federated States | Montserrat |
Mali | | Moldova, Republic of | Nauru |
Mauritania | | Mongolia | Oman |
Mozambique | | Morocco | Palau |
Myanmar | | Namibia | Panama |
Nepal | | Nicaragua | Serbia |
Niger | | Niue | Seychelles |
Rwanda | | occupied Palestinian Territory | South Africa |
Samoa | | Paraguay | St. Helena |
São Tomé and Príncipe | | Peru | St. Kitts-Nevis |
Senegal | | Philippines | St. Lucia |
Sierra Leone | | Sri Lanka | St. Vincent and Grenadines |
Solomon Islands | | Swaziland | Suriname |
Somalia | | Syria | Trinidad and Tobago  |
Sudan | | Thailand | Turkey |
Tanzania | | The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia | Uruguay |
Timor-Leste | | Tokelau | Venezuela |
Togo | | Tonga | |
Tuvalu | | Tunisia | |
Uganda | | Turkmenistan | |
Vanuatu | | Ukraine | |
Yemen | | Wallis and Futuna | |
Zambia | | | |
 Antigua & Barbuda and Oman exceeded the high income country threshold in 2007. In accordance with the DAC rules for revision of this list, both will graduate from the list in 2011 if they remain high income countries until 2010.
 Barbados and Trinidad & Tobago exceeded the high income country threshold in 2006 and 2007. In accordance with the DAC rules for revision of this list, both will graduate from the list in 2011 if they remain high income countries until 2010.
 Under United Nations Security Resolution 1244/1999.