Council Joint Action 2007/720/CFSP of 8 November 2007 amending Joint Action 2004/570/CFSP on the European Union military operation in Bosnia and Herzegovina
OJ L 291, 9.11.2007, p. 29–29 (BG, ES, CS, DA, DE, ET, EL, EN, FR, IT, LV, LT, HU, MT, NL, PL, PT, RO, SK, SL, FI, SV)
Special edition in croatian Chapter 18 Volume 013 P. 106 - 106
BG CS DA DE EL EN ES ET FI FR HU IT LT LV MT NL PL PT RO SK SL SV
|Bilingual display: BG CS DA DE EL EN ES ET FI FR HU IT LT LV MT NL PL PT RO SK SL SV|
Council Joint Action 2007/720/CFSP
of 8 November 2007
amending Joint Action 2004/570/CFSP on the European Union military operation in Bosnia and Herzegovina
THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN UNION,
Having regard to the Treaty on European Union, and in particular Article 14 thereof,
(1) On 12 July 2004 the Council adopted Joint Action 2004/570/CFSP  (Operation ALTHEA).
(2) On 19 December 2006, the Political and Security Committee endorsed recommendations aimed at achieving optimal coordination and coherence in situations where at least two EU actors in the field of crisis management are active in the same country, notably through closer consultation between the EU Force Commander and the European Union Special Representative (EUSR) and between the EU Force Commander and the Head of the EU Police Mission.
(3) On 18 June 2007 the Council approved the above recommendations for the purposes of operation Althea.
(4) Joint Action 2004/570/CFSP should be amended accordingly,
HAS ADOPTED THIS JOINT ACTION:
Article 7(2) and (3) of Joint Action 2004/570/CFSP shall be replaced by the following:
"2. Without prejudice to the chain of command, the EU Force Commander shall consult and take into account political guidance from the EUSR on issues with a local political dimension, except when decisions have to be taken urgently or when operational security is paramount.
3. The EU Force Commander shall liaise, as appropriate, with the EUPM and consult with the Head of the EU Police Mission on police matters."
This Joint Action shall enter into force on the date of its adoption.
This Joint Action shall be published in the Official Journal of the European Union.
Done at Brussels, 8 November 2007.
For the Council
 OJ L 252, 28.7.2004, p. 10.