Council Regulation (EC) No 805/2006 of 25 April 2006 concerning the conclusion of the Partnership Agreement between the European Community and the Federated States of Micronesia on fishing in the Federated States of Micronesia
OJ L 151, 6.6.2006, p. 1–2 (ES, CS, DA, DE, ET, EL, EN, FR, IT, LV, LT, HU, MT, NL, PL, PT, SK, SL, FI, SV)
Special edition in Bulgarian: Chapter 04 Volume 08 P. 257 - 258
Special edition in Romanian: Chapter 04 Volume 08 P. 257 - 258
|Bilingual display: BG CS DA DE EL EN ES ET FI FR HU IT LT LV MT NL PL PT RO SK SL SV|
Council Regulation (EC) No 805/2006
of 25 April 2006
concerning the conclusion of the Partnership Agreement between the European Community and the Federated States of Micronesia on fishing in the Federated States of Micronesia
THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN UNION,
Having regard to the Treaty establishing the European Community, and in particular Article 37 in conjunction with Article 300(2) and the first subparagraph of Article 300(3) thereof,
Having regard to the proposal from the Commission,
Having regard to the opinion of the European Parliament,
(1) The Community and the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) have negotiated and initialled a Partnership Fisheries Agreement providing Community fishermen with fishing opportunities in the waters over which the Federated States of Micronesia has sovereignty or jurisdiction in respect of fisheries.
(2) That Agreement provides for economic, financial, technical and scientific cooperation in the fisheries sector with a view to guaranteeing the conservation and sustainable exploitation of resources, as well as partnerships between undertakings aimed at developing economic activities in the fisheries sector and related activities in the common interest.
(3) That Agreement should be approved.
(4) The allocation of the fishing opportunities to the Member States should be defined.
(5) The Member States whose vessels fish under this Agreement are to notify the Commission of the quantities of each stock caught within the FSM's fishing zone in accordance with Commission Regulation (EC) No 500/2001 of 14 March 2001 laying down detailed rules for the application of Council Regulation (EEC) No 2847/93 on the monitoring of catches taken by Community fishing vessels in third-country waters and on the high seas ,
HAS ADOPTED THIS REGULATION:
The Partnership Agreement between the European Community and the Federated States of Micronesia on fishing in the Federated States of Micronesia (hereinafter referred to as the Agreement) is hereby approved on behalf of the Community.
The text of the Agreement is attached to this Regulation.
The fishing opportunities set out in the Protocol to the Agreement shall be allocated to the Member States as follows:
— | freezer tuna seiners: | Spain: | 75 % of fishing possibilities available |
France: | 25 % of fishing possibilities available |
— | surface longliners: | Spain: | 8 vessels |
Portugal: | 4 vessels. |
If licence applications from these Member States do not cover all the fishing opportunities fixed by the Protocol, the Commission may take into consideration licence applications from any other Member State.
This Regulation shall enter into force on the seventh day after its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union.
This Regulation shall be binding in its entirety and directly applicable in all Member States.
Done at Luxembourg, 25 April 2006.
For the Council
 OJ L 73, 15.3.2001, p. 8.