Council Joint Action 2006/708/CFSP of 17 October 2006 amending and extending Joint Action 2005/190/CFSP on the European Union Integrated Rule of Law Mission for Iraq, EUJUST LEX
OJ L 291, 21.10.2006, p. 43–43 (ES, CS, DA, DE, ET, EL, EN, FR, IT, LV, LT, HU, NL, PL, PT, SK, SL, FI, SV)
OJ L 200M , 1.8.2007, p. 96–96 (MT)
Special edition in Bulgarian: Chapter 18 Volume 06 P. 27 - 27
Special edition in Romanian: Chapter 18 Volume 06 P. 27 - 27
CS DA DE EL EN ES ET FI FR HU IT LT LV NL PL PT SK SL SV
|Bilingual display: BG CS DA DE EL EN ES ET FI FR HU IT LT LV MT NL PL PT RO SK SL SV|
Council Joint Action 2006/708/CFSP
of 17 October 2006
amending and extending Joint Action 2005/190/CFSP on the European Union Integrated Rule of Law Mission for Iraq, EUJUST LEX
THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN UNION,
Having regard to the Treaty on European Union, and in particular Article 14 thereof,
(1) On 12 June 2006, following a review of the mission by the Secretary General/High Representative, the Council agreed to extend EUJUST LEX for another 18 months after the expiry of the existing mandate, until 31 December 2007.
(2) On the same date, the Council adopted Joint Action 2006/413/CFSP amending and extending Joint Action 2005/190/CFSP on the European Union Integrated Rule of Law Mission for Iraq, EUJUST LEX . That Joint Action covers the first phase of this extension until 31 October 2006.
(3) This Joint Action should provide the basis for the second phase of this extension, until 31 December 2007.
(4) Joint Action 2005/190/CFSP  should be amended accordingly,
HAS ADOPTED THIS JOINT ACTION:
Joint Action 2005/190/CFSP is amended as follows:
1. Article 11(3) should be replaced by the following:
"Given the particular security situation in Iraq, services in Baghdad shall be provided through the contracts entered into by the United Kingdom with the companies providing and invoicing for these services. The budget of EUJUST LEX shall cover these expenses up to a maximum of EUR 2,4 million. The United Kingdom shall, in consultation with the Head of Mission, report with adequate information to the Council on these expenses.".
2. The second subparagraph of Article 14 shall be replaced by the following:
"It shall expire on 31 December 2007."
The financial reference amount intended to cover the additional expenditure related to the mission for the period 1 November 2006 to 31 December 2007 shall be EUR 11,2 million.
This Joint Action shall enter into force on the date of its adoption.
This Joint Action shall be published in the Official Journal of the European Union.
Done at Luxembourg, 17 October 2006.
For the Council
 OJ L 163, 15.6.2006, p. 17.
 OJ L 62, 9.3.2005, p. 37.